Sunday 19 June 2011

Sniper makes his FEO CKC Debut!

The cryptic avenger has hit the stage!

On June 18th, Sniper started his agility career. Well, Sorta. I decided last minute to enter him in two FEO JWW runs just to see what we really need to work on. Little did I know how much he would apply his training, to the ring.

From the moment we got to the site I was impressed with how he was acting, very calm and focused. Though, other dogs seem to be more interesting then me (my fault!) he was awesome at staying with me when I did some practice jump work.

I had no idea what to expect on our first run. Would he run out? Would he see a dog or person of interest outside the ring? I was anxious either way. I got him in there and did a small lead out, which he held perfectly and had a nice focus on me.  After the release it felt so smooth, I was thrilled to have my boy enjoying the ring! He hit his weaves on first try and stayed in them all. He was a bit cautious with jumps, but that was expected. He missed the double in the end but it was none of my concern.

The second run was more of a fault in my eyes. I did another short lead out and he was fixated looking at something so I called to get his attention and he broke his stay. I let it go, because its my fault for not proofing it right. This run felt even more awesome, I decided that I was going to run faster to let him extend more. Which went very well and he extended wonderfully. This time I pushed him past the weave entry, then he got it but popped out. He did complete it after that though. He missed another jump but again, I didn't care. Lovely finish.

I learned a lot this one day of running Sniper. I actually learned to relax, and trust me dog. For NOTING he did "wrong" was even his fault. All my blame. I also noticed just how much he is sensitive to my movement. Which means I have to learn to really REALLY run. I also learned that hard work pays off, A good foundation is key, and that having fun is pretty much all I need. Sure there is much we need to work on. His speed isn't insane fast, and he is going to be a bit distracted at times, but hey, it will all come with time and more hard work.


I also wore a Beatles shirt for several reasons:
-Abbey Road is my favourite album of all time. Its a huge comfort to me.
-Beatles are kickass
-They obviously bring much good luck ;) (hehe)


Here is some video for all you visual people out there, Enjoy! (I sure did!)

4 comments:

  1. He looked really nice! A bit cautious as you said, but definitely focused! Next time you should run more. :o Weaves looked great. Love your blog theme by the way, and the banner is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I didn't run full speed because it was the first time he's ever been inside the ring. I didn't want to pressure him, and make him over think or stress. I wont full out run until he has more experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous weaves, AMAZING first trial!!!! I am so excited to see his career expand!
    btw, I am in love with your new blog, it is utterly gorgeous and will be following it from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand, he looked great though!

    ReplyDelete