Wednesday 13 July 2011

Aventure to the Field

I am starting to rent Spot On, every Wednesday for as long as I can (aka until I move). tonight was our first night. I only took Sniper because I really want to focus on him.

He was really off today, but he had good moments. He is having trouble with his weaves. Popping at the tenth pole, then he wouldn't even weave 6 poles? His entries seemed normal but it was strange. Next time I am there I think I will go back to some 2x2 work, to bring back his confidence.

we also did a couple short sequences and teeter work. His teeter is nice, and his jumping is coming along. I have been doing a lot of more tight turny sequences with him, which I feel is really making his stride too small and he seems to be adding in extra strides. My plan is to work mainly on grids from now on, even though I need the handling work! I want him to be more confident then he already is.

I also introduced the A-Frame tonight. He adored it! I was just getting him comfortable tonight, but I will work more on his form when I return. He offered 2o2o, with out me ever asking him for it on an A-Frame before. Ever. He is to smart sometimes.

I got a couple sequence clips, not much. But something! Taken at the end too.. Hopefully it lightens someones day. Enjoy.

(He skips the tire in the end. Today was his first introduction to it. Hmm, not a good idea in a sequence. Silly me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment