Thursday 21 July 2011

Fried Green Border Collies

There has been a lot that I have had to deal with lately. I'm moving out in a few short months, and I don't even have an apartment yet. No job. No money. Ho Hum. Also having to deal with the passing of my childhood dog, not too long ago.

So much is changing so quickly, it really makes me think about everything all at once. Its quite overwhelming at times and I find myself lost in thoughts. Motivation is also hard to come by.

A few days ago I decided to go out an adventure with Sniper. Explore places I had yet to adventure through. i found myself on a bike path, just of a main road near my house. Me and the dude walked for a good 3 hours along this path and through other trails that branched off of the main one.

The time I spent on the trail gave me a lot of time to just think. I realized how much has really changed. For one, I had a different dog. A very different one. Ollie wasn't with us, he was with my dad at the time. I also thought about how my morals have changed. My goals, my likes, and the people I like to be around. I'm just a whole lot of different.

I took a break on a bench, continued on with thoughts. I thought about agility, and how much it means to me. It is so much more then the sport I was first introduced too. I find myself always looking for ways to improve, new foundation games, reworking old ones. I constantly analyze Sniper in every way. He is coming along nicely, but we have much to work on. I have made mistakes in his raising, but nothing I can't learn from for my next puppy. Just as I was going over this in my mind, I realized Sniper had gone off on his own exploring, I called him back so we could continue on with our walk. A few second later a GREEN border collie comes to my feet. He was entirely covered in green burs. I laughed and gave him a pat.

At that moment I realized just how much this beast meant to me. He is all I could have hoped for, yet nothing I wanted when I was looking for a puppy. However, he has become what I needed most...

Comic Relief.


Stay Cool. Its really freaking hot.

1 comment: